Play your way on the Monterey Peninsula.
Golfers play their dream games on stunning Pebble Beach greens. Surfers hit the waves and families and dog lovers walk the white sands of Carmel beach. Outdoor lovers run, hike and bicycle along the coast. Foodies savor world class restaurants tucked away in downtown Carmel. Wine enthusiasts visit outstanding tasting rooms and wineries in Carmel Valley. No matter what you enjoy doing on vacation, the Monterey Bay holds something for you.
Events like the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Am golf tournament, Carmel Bach Festival, EG Conference in Carmel, Monterey Pop Festival, and Monterey Jazz Festival, are held here annually. Check out a local event calendar for current dates and times.
- Carmel Valley Ranch Golf Course
- Del Monte Golf Course
- Pacific Grove Golf Links
- Pebble Beach Golf Links
- Poppy Hills Golf Course
- Quail Lodge Golf Club
- Spanish Bay Golf Links
- Spyglass Hill Golf Course
Pubs and Micros
Wine and Dine
- Andre’s Bouchee – Carmel
- Aubergine – Carmel
- Basil Seasonal Dining – Carmel
- Bay of Pines Restaurant – Monterey
- Beach House Lovers Point – Pacific Grove
- Dametra Cafe – Carmel
- Grasings – Carmel
- Il Fornaio – Carmel
- Mission Ranch Restaurant – Carmel
- Montrio Bistro – Monterey
- Nepenthe – Big Sur
- Point Pinos Grill – Pacific Grove
- PortaBella – Carmel
- The Poke Lab – Monterey
- Treehouse Cafe – Carmel
- Village Corner Bistro – Carmel
- Yafa – Carmel
Places to Play
- Carmel Mission Basilica & Museum
- Carmel River State Beach
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Monterey CA State Historic Park
- Pfeiffer Big Sur CA State Park
- Point Lobos CA Natural Reserve
- Refuge Spa Retreat
- Robinson Jeffers Tor House
Monterey Peninsula is about a 1.5 hour drive south from San Jose (70 miles) & 2.5 hour drive south from San Francisco (110 miles).
Big Sur is about a 1 hour drive south from Carmel/Monterey (26 miles).
Pebble Beach is west and centrally located between Carmel and Monterey.
Carmel Valley Village is about a 20 minute drive from Carmel/Monterey (12 miles.)
The drive from Los Angeles is about 6 hours north (325 miles) to the Monterey Peninsula.